Venison Spaghetti Squash
Need a healthy low carb alternative to your favorite carb loaded pasta dish? Look no further. With only 7g of carbs per cup, a great taste and a pasta like texture, spaghetti squash makes for the perfect alternative to traditional pasta. This is a healthy balanced meal low on carbohydrates and packed with lean organic protein from venison.
- One whole Spaghetti Squash (halved)
- Olive Oil
- Ground Venison
- Sea Salt
- Marinara Sauce of choice
- Green Onion (chopped)
- Garlic (minced)
- Grape tomatoes (halved)
- Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Split the squashes in half and scrape out seeds. Line an oven tray or baking sheet with aluminum foil. Season the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place flesh/cut side down and roast for 40 to 45 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile cook ground venison in a pan until done and keep on low heat. Mix meat and Marinara into a sauce pan on low heat adding chopped green onion, baby tomatoes, garlic and Italian season if desired
- When squash is cool enough to handle, using a large kitchen fork scrape the strands of squash from the inside of the skin and into a large dish or directly onto plates.
- Add pasta onto plate, top with the marinara meat sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and enjoy!