By: Jeff Moran
Add a little extra spice and flavor to your classic baked potato!
1. Rinse and trim any excess fat off the pork loin and place on cutting board.
2. Next, take a small bowl and combine all seasonings.
3. Once combined rub all the seasonings into the pork loin.
4. Then take the onion and slice it into medium slices and place with the minced garlic on the bottom of your slow cooker.
5. Place the pork into the slow cooker on top of the onion slices and garlic.
6. Next pour the apple cider into the slow cooker, but don’t pour directly on pork.
7. Place the lid on the cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 6-7 hours.
8. Carefully remove pork from the cooker once its finished cooking and let it rest for a few mins.
9. Strain the liquid from the cooker through a fine strainer into a bowl.
10. Place about 1 cup of the liquid back in the cooker.
11. Then shred the pork with 2 forks and return to cooker to toss with liquid, and salt and pepper to taste.
(Speed method or if you don’t have a slow cooker: follow all steps in a stove-top pot for 3-4 hours on low heat)