My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Meal prep can be a real ***** when you really don't want to spend time in the kitchen. I know, I've been there lots. So here is one of my go to recipes that will cover a couple days worth of lunches and actually tastes good for a 30 minute meal.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1/4 yellow onion (I leave this out, not an onion fan)
- 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin powder (can use Fajita mix or taco mix if desired)
- Salt & Pepper
- Light shredded cheese
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Wash potatoes and use a fork to poke hole in one side of the potato.
- Place sweet potatoes, holes down, in microwave and cook for 6-7 minutes. Until potatoes are soft on all sides.
- While potatoes are cooking Line a baking sheet with tin foil and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Also slice peppers and onion into strips of desired size.
- Cut potatoes in half and using a knife and fork, carve out the center of the potato to make a hallow boat like shape. If you carved all the way to the skin use some of the filling you pulled out to even it out. (Place sweet potato that you carved out in bowl and it can be boiled or baked for a side on other dishes you make that week.)
- On one side of baking sheet place sweet potato bowls. On other side place sliced peppers and onions. Add seasonings to chicken, on peppers and lightly over the potatoes. Then place chicken on top of sliced peppers and onions.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use forks to pull/shred chicken and mix with onions and peppers.
- Now you will want to fill each potato with the shredded chicken, peppers and onion. Two potato halves should hold one whole chicken breast and the peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheese (salsa if desired) over the top of each filled potato bowl and place back in oven for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and if eating immediately, you may top off with avocado or any desired topping.
- If saving for later, wait until cooled, then store in air tight container. I tend to eat two cups at a time. I will teach down the nutritional values if needed for all of this stuff.