Honey Bourbon Elk Steak Bites
Honey Bourbon Elk Steak Bites are seared in a cast iron pan until charred on the outside but still juicy on the inside.
The steak is cut into bite-sized pieces and marinated in honey, brown sugar, garlic, bourbon, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, plus some red pepper flakes for a little heat.
The sugar and honey helps the steak bites develop those caramelized brown spots on the outside, making it taste like steak candy.
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds Elk Steak (Venison) cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- After slicing the steak into bite size chunks, soak meat in cold water and pink salt for 15-20 minutes while you prepare the sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Pour into a large zip-lock bag. Add steak cubes and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours
- Heat vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons oil/butter in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Add steak. You will probably need to cook it in two batches because you don't want to crowd the pan. Cook until seared on all sides and rare in the middle (this is a must, only takes a few minutes).. Remove from pan.
Recipe by: Jeff Moran @relentlesshntr_208
Leave a comment